Saturday, September 11, 2010

Love at first sight


``Let’s move to Greece,`` Bryan declared with enthusiasm as we wandered through the narrow cobbled streets of Athens that wind up to the city’s famed Acropolis (above).

By the time we had visited the ancient ruins, shopped at the street markets, visited the stadium where the first modern Olympic Games were held in 1896 and guzzled frozen lemonades to offer some temporary relief from the hot sun overhead (average temp in Greece is currently a sunny 30C), I was starting to think his idea was not so crazy after all.





And then we arrived in Santorini, which is every bit as picture-perfect as you imagine, and I must confess that I am well and truly smitten.


From the amazing caldera views from our very own whitewashed villa overlooking the ocean, to the friendly people, the endless sunshine, the tasty €2.50 souvlaki lunches on offer, the cheap beer and vodka and the plethora of shops serving up delicious home-made ice cream, I think I could live here FOREVER!
the view from our balcony in one direction...


and the other direction



















So if I don’t arrive home in 7 weeks you’ll know where to find me…

No comments:

Post a Comment