Wednesday, September 1, 2010

one sleep left...

Suitcases have been packed, unpacked, and packed again.  Passports, visas, hotel bookings and transfers are all confirmed. As the trip draws closer my Facebook statuses have become a string of pre-holiday jibberish, designed to vent my excitement and torment jealous family and friends.

During one such post, one of my colleagues (let's call her Alice) asked me why I was so excited.

All I could think was: ``Why wouldn't I be excited'?

An EIGHT WEEK break from the stresses of work, from having the dog wake me up at 4am to go outside and pee, from an inbox full of spam emails, and from opening the mail to find yet another telephone bill.

To top that, I get to spend time with my lovely husband, our first decent holiday together for years. We're stopping off at some pretty amazing places. AND we're escaping the arse-end of Tassie's chilly winter (I know it's the start of spring today, but hey, it doesn't feel much like it just yet...) Weather forecasts for China, Europe and the US are mostly showing 26C and sunshine, and that alone is worth getting excited about!

Oh and then there's the beaches, and the food, and shopping in some of the world's biggest department stores...need I go on?  I'll be sure to think of you Alice when I am sunning myself in Greece.  Only one sleep left until we board that plane to China...

No comments:

Post a Comment